Agribusiness jobs – Senior Technical Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist – SCOPEinsight – Utrecht – Netherlands – Full time
It is our mission to fuel the transformation of agricultural sectors by offering an integrated and data-driven solution to increase farmer professionalism. SCOPEinsight is a business minded enterprise offering a unique, scalable, data-driven, evidence-based system of scoring, benchmarking, & advancing the level of professionalism of farmer organizations in emerging economies. Every country, every type of organization, every crop. Our actionable data insights and benchmarks enable more effective capacity building programs and better-informed investment decisions. A higher level of professionalism of farmer organizations leads to increased productivity, increased access to finance, improved livelihoods and increased sustainability. SCOPEinsight is the partner of choice for farmer professionalism.
Over our 9 years in operation, we have completed nearly 3,000 assessments and have reached nearly 7 million smallholder farmers indirectly in 39 emerging markets and in 26 agricultural sectors. Our clients include global agri-businesses, NGOs, financial institutions as well as multilateral development and certification organizations.
To support our partners in fully benefiting from the data-driven solution and to prove the benefits of the solution, we are looking for a:
Senior Technical Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
(Full time, based in Utrecht, the Netherlands)
We are looking for a person who can use our SCOPE data to help find answers to the bigger issues in agriculture. How can the SCOPE assessment data help provide solutions and answers to reaching the Sustainable Development Goals more efficiently or effectively? How can we use SCOPE assessment data in our marketing and communication?
Your tasks consist of developing our tools, refining our Theory of Change and make sure our tools collect the right data in the right way. You would also be responsible for 1 – 2 junior/trainee data analysts who would focus more on assisting sales and could do client specific research projects under your direction.
The Senior Technical Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist plays a key role in the process and it may include the following:
- Responsible for the ‘SCOPE Methodology’ development of new tools and refinement of existing SCOPE assessment tools while ensuring that they meet the needs of our clients.
- Responsible for the development of the content of the SCOPEinsight Business Intelligence tools and products.
Ensure Added Value of the SCOPE tools making sure that:
- the right data is collected through our tools to lead to insights that lead to more effective and efficient professionalization;
- The SCOPEinsight Theory of Change of Change is substantiated and validate.
Provide Consultancy: advice on data use, M&E and measuring impact
- Manage and/or conduct data analysis for our clients; advise clients on how they can use the SCOPE data to maximize the benefit for them.
- Conduct research, with (knowledge) partners, to measure the impact of the SCOPE methodology, at client level, FO/coop level and farmer level.
- Measure impact in the ecosystem.
- Responsible for the SCOPE Methodology, from the questions we ask in an assessment to the way we calculate and interpret the scores.
- manage/participate in the process of tool development (ensuring that our prerequisites are met)
- translate real-world situations into logical questionnaires
- Take the lead in the production of standardized data products (reports, dashboards)
- Develop partnerships with knowledge institutions, co-developers
- Develop and substantiate our theory of change
- Develop and build on existing Theory of Change to:
- translate results of assessments to logical next steps for all stakeholders.
- Strong background in measuring impact of Agricultural projects in developing countries, for instance in an M&E role at a NGO or corporate.
- Independent personality, self-starting and self-motivating
- Strong knowledge of and background in statistics
- Keep a clear overview, set and keep priorities in a dynamic and demanding environment
- Ability to find the stories behind the data
- Positive attitude, can-do mentality
- Systematic problem-solving mindset
- A pro-active attitude and collaborative skills
- Ability to present and communicate clearly internally and externally, in a truly international environment.
Education and experience
- Quantitative background (master’s degree in an area such as Business Mathematics & Informatics
- Extensive experience in the agribusiness sector and agricultural systems in developing countries
- Experience in quantitative research methodologies
- Excellent English – and preferably also the Dutch – language skills. Language skills in Spanish and/or French are highly preferred
- Knowledge of SQL is a great plus
- Experience with statistical tools
- Excellent skills in Excel and other Office tools
- Experience creating dynamic data visualizations (for example with Qlik, Tableau, or other visualization tools) is a plus.
- A 12-month contract which with the intention to extend.
- An exciting, high energy and versatile environment, where you are given space to take responsibility and excel
- A motivated group of colleagues with ambitious goals: we are a small team, but we aim high!
- The possibility to strengthen your skills, work on your own learning goals
- A safe environment, where we learn from mistakes because we pioneer, sharing a common vision and are eager to succeed; A professional, though informal, working environment in a highly dynamic social enterprise; An opportunity to work in a very international environment.
Applications will be dealt with on a rolling basis.