Job advert Executive Assistant at Sail Ventures in Amsterdam
Background and General Description
Sail Ventures (“Sail”) is a boutique investment management firm based in Amsterdam and focused on catalyzing sustainable returns over the long-term for its investors. The firm was established in early 2017, and acts as the Investment Advisor for the &Green Fund, a Fund with a mission to catalyze investments into environmentally & socially sustainable primary production, which is directly or indirectly linked to forest protection, within tropical forest regions. The Fund is operational and investing with over US$125 million in committed capital.
Job advert Executive Assistant to support a small, global team of dedicated investment specialists
He/she will be responsible for creating the right environment for Sail’s global team to thrive, to directly support the firm’s Principals, and to serve clients with a high degree of efficiency and courtesy.
We are looking for an individual who:
- proactively manages schedules, meetings and travel for the two Principals;
- is able to manage complicated travel schedules across a global team;
- is able to professionalize and edit marketing materials, presentations and corporate documents before they are sent out to external stakeholders (excellent Word and PowerPoint skills are expected);
- competently maintains Sail and Green’s website, social media accounts and the corporate documentation and filing systems;
- is able to organize meetings involving high-profile clients, directors of the Fund’s Sail manages and advisors.
We are looking for a colleague who is fluent in English and Dutch, familiar with Amsterdam and who remains cheerful even under pressure. You should feel at ease in an international and dispersed team, and with the start-up atmosphere at Sail Ventures’ offices in Amsterdam. Ideally, you have previous experience in a similar role, or you can demonstrate relevant experiences or education. However, without doubt you have a can-do attitude and want to develop your career supporting a business and its leadership to deliver professional, yet innovative, value to its clients.
The role is for 4-5 full workdays, with presence in the office. Sail offers flexible working hours and generous annual leave.
Sail is a firm with an inclusive culture where integrity, humility and curiosity are values it lives through its daily principles. Just as in our investment strategy, we take a long-term view on staff, aiming to hire ambitious, engaged people who are interested in being part of an idea and sticking the course to see real on-the-ground results delivered.
If you are interested in this role, and want to be part of Sail’s journey, please send your application (max. 1 page cover letter in PDF format; CV and relevant references or work examples) latest by 26 October 2018 to Michael Schlup at email@example.com.