Job advert Investment Manager at Lendahand in Rotterdam – Netherlands
Lendahand is a small, fast-growing social fintech company. We run two online impact investing platforms that allow individuals and institutions to create impact in emerging markets while earning a decent financial return on investment.
Through our platforms, people can provide debt funding to non-bank financial institutions, fintechs and solartech companies in over 20 emerging countries such as Uganda, Mozambique, Georgia, and Colombia.
We are part of the revolution that is reshaping the banking- and investment management landscape. Lendahand has found product/market fit and is in the scale up phase. Four years ago, we raised €10,000 per month, at the moment that is well over €1,500,000 per month. We expect to continue this steep growth curve, which translates into an expected €50 million in new investments in 2019!
With a European MiFID license (as an investment firm) in the pocket, we have launched a dedicated solar investment platform in the UK and are about to launch in several other European countries.
The Lendahand team consists of 15 people. Some call themselves the experienced guys, and some team young gods (we leave it up to you to which group you think you belong). Together we form a dynamic and high achieving team that gets things done and is having fun while doing so.
We are part of the B Corp community and a member of NPM, the Dutch platform for inclusive finance.
What we look for:
At the moment the Impact Investment Team consists of 3 people and is in desperate need of a new team member as the portfolio is increasing rapidly.
What you will do as a member of the Impact Investment Team:
- Gain in-depth knowledge on investing across different sectors in emerging markets, such as financial institutions, renewable energy, and affordable housing
- Identify global debt investment opportunities with different risk/return profiles
- Perform due diligence, write investment memos, present to the Investment Committee
- Monitor and manage the investment portfolio
- Assist investees in executing FX hedging strategies
- Determine the investment strategy together with the team
Lendahand is a small company, so don’t be surprised if your help is at times needed for corporate/financial strategy, capital raises, marketing (data analysis), etc.
- University-level master’s degree in anything (from financial engineering to anthropology)
- A drive and naivety to want to change the world
- Entrepreneurial and ambitious (you won’t survive here otherwise)
- 2-5 years of experience in impact investing (preferably debt) and financial analysis & modeling
- Emerging markets experience is a plus
- Strong numeric, analytical & problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with working under uncertainty (basically ‘organized chaos’)
- Willing to do frequent international travel
- Cash salary: it’s not the jackpot, but it’s OK
- A very interesting stock option package
- A cool environment with a steep learning curve
- Change the world, nothing less