Job advert Risk Management – Compliance at Triodos Bank in Zeist – Netherlands
32 – 40 hours per week
Supporting change by independently providing objective insights
We’re on the move.
We’re ambitious and growing, both in size and complexity. As a Senior Auditor, you feel at home in a dynamic and changing environment. As member of a diverse, independent and objective team, you are passionate about acting across the full Triodos Bank organisation as ‘the trusted voice’. Asking the questions needed to be asked, providing insights to help Triodos Bank achieve its goals. You have a clear vision on what is needed to be an excellent auditor in current times. Being practical and hands-on you quickly shift from necessary details to clear overall views. You can lead (international) assignments while participating in others. Strong communication skills support your impact. In combination with sincere interest this helps building lasting relations with our internal clients.
Follow your heart, use your head, Triodos Bank
Money has the power to get things done. At Triodos Bank, our 1.400 staff ensure that money helps change society for the better. Based on this mission, we have financed companies, institutions and projects working towards positive social, ecological and cultural change for more than 35 years. We owe all this to the savers and investors who choose a fair, sustainable and humane society.
At Triodos Bank, we have an open and transparent corporate culture. We prioritise professional and personal development and believe in education and training. Our Dutch head office is located in Zeist.
We are with 14 and work from Zeist, Madrid, Brussels and Bristol. With dedicated teams for Banking, Investment Management and Head Office support (including risk management and IT) our structure follows the organisation of Triodos Bank. We are independent and report directly to the Group CEO. We have a learning mindset and aim to continuously improve ourselves and our own way of working. We ask our clients to be open and transparent: so are we.
Next to you, the Head Office support team consist of the Audit Manager and 3 IT auditors and is located in Zeist.
This is you
- Lead and participate in risk management and compliance framework audits, including the group-wide application of the frameworks.
- Assess and analyse the impact of relevant laws and regulation on business risks, controls, and processes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with risk management business partners at Head Office.
- Develop risk management expertise to assist in providing comprehensive, in-depth consulting, training, coaching, and leadership to the team and wider audit department.
You report directly to the Audit Manager of the Head Office support audit team and pro-actively contribute to the mission of the audit function and thus Triodos Bank.
Being a friendly persona, you combine a ‘can-do’ attitude with strong affinity to the Triodos values and mission. The role requires professional auditing experience of working in a financial services organisation or similar public accounting experience in the financial services industry and knowledge of Dutch and European financial services regulation. The role requires clear strategic thinking with highly developed analytical skills, with proven and focused planning and project management skills. Furthermore, you are a qualified auditor with:
- Risk management experience gained in working in an audit, risk or compliance function preferably in banking. Good understanding of risk management regulation (e.g Basel Capital Accord, Wft, model risk, ICAAP/ILAAP). Experience in (auditing) credit risk management and/or risk modeling would be an strong advantage.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and able to maintain relations at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrably strong influencing and persuasion skills
- A genuine interest in people and planet
- Fluency in English and Dutch. Good knowledge of the Spanish, French or German language is a pre.
You want to make a difference.
Our first priority is impact – the difference made by us as a bank, and you as a Senior Auditor. And that’s not all: Triodos Bank also offers great working conditions. These include:
- A salary appropriate to who you are and what you are capable of
- An attractive pension scheme
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home
- 100% public transport allowance for journeys between home and work
- 28 paid holiday days for a 40-hour working week, and the opportunity to purchase two extra weeks
- Training and development opportunities.
Are you interested?
For more information about the specific details of this position, please contact Paul van der Voort, Head of Internal Audit via: 06-40617975.