Job advert Transition Manager Agricultural Supply Chains at FairMatch Support in Amersfoort
Are you looking for a challenging position in which you can put your experience in developing sustainable supply chains to good use? This might be your new job!
We are FairMatch Support, a dynamic, committed and entrepreneurial team of professionals with offices in The Netherlands (Amersfoort), West Africa (Burkina Faso) and Central Asia (Kirgizstan). FairMatch Support believes that sustainable production and a fair profit distribution for everyone involved in global supply chains is possible and highly needed.
We develop sustainable agricultural supply chains and balance concrete market demand with fair and sustainable practices. Our international team supports companies in efficient, traceable and sustainable sourcing and producers in emerging countries in accessing new markets and professionalizing their business. Co-creation and long-term farm-firm relationships are key.
We have a vacancy for a new colleague in The Netherlands (Amersfoort):
An experienced transition manager agricultural supply chains
We are looking for an entrepreneurial professional with exceptional stakeholder management skills and a talent for working across all levels of the agricultural supply chain. As transition manager you will play a key role in our FairMatch Support programmes, creating new business models that are more efficient and sustainable for all actors in the supply chain of various agricultural products – from nuts to fish and from rice to fruits.
You will initiate and manage our agricultural programs on a strategical level. Your job includes a broad variety of tasks, such as: linking suppliers in upcoming production countries to established buyers in end markets, advising companies about their sourcing strategy, managing multistakeholder initiatives and developing innovative tools towards sustainable supply chains. Although managing projects is part of your day to day job, we are looking for someone who can look beyond projects alone and has a broad, strategic view on long-term sector transitions.
We are looking for a new colleague with the following qualifications:
- Has over 10 year experience in sustainable supply chain development;
- Has an extensive network in the Agri- and Food business sector;
- Has a commercial mind set and speaks the language of businesses;
- Is a senior coach for the supply chain actors in a transition setting;
- Can operate as a servant leader in transition processes;
- Is a conceptual thinker that does not move away from practical, hands-on tasks;
- Is pro-active and connects to people easily;
- Operates comfortably in a dynamic international business and development environment;
- Is excellent in English and French or Russian;
- Is willing to travel regularly.
- A challenging position in a small, dynamic team in an international environment;
- Competitive salary related to knowledge and experience;
- A good pension scheme and other fringe benefits.
For more info on the vacancy:
Herman uit de Bosch, director FairMatch Support
Applications in English consisting of CV and motivational letter before the September 13th to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will take place in week 38. An assessment can be part of the selection procedure.