Job Consultancy Netherlands – Junior Consultant at Agri-Logic in Ede (32-40 hours/week)
Agri-Logic is a consultancy and research network that operates where markets and development intersect. We support companies, producers, governments and development organisations in designing, implementing and evaluating sustainable supply chain projects. Our work is often a combination of research, development of tools and providing advisory services. The majority of our clients are from the private sector. With offices in the Netherlands and Nigeria, Agri-Logic operates in Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America.
Our focus areas are tropical commodity supply chains with an emphasis on coffee, cocoa, tea and food crops. Projects range from multi-country and multi-stakeholder settings to single issue consultancies.
Our team is a mixed bunch of personalities with various backgrounds, but we’re all passionate optimists who believe that the work we do helps farmers and businesses grow. We also like data (nerd alert), we value honesty and equality and we have a no-nonsense attitude.
Due to growth in our portfolio of projects we are looking for a Junior Consultant for 32-40 hours/week to join our team.
The Junior Consultant will dedicate a large part of his/her time (40%) to driving the implementation of our Farmer Field Book programme in West Africa and play a supporting role in the aforementioned in South East Asia and Latin America. You will work with multi-cultural private sector teams in different countries and liaise with clients, which often are multi-national commodity trading houses. The job will require occasional travel to West Africa and other locations to train, support and supervise local implementation teams. Time spent travelling will be maximized at 2 to 3 months per year. The remainder of your time (60%) will be dedicated to supporting or leading a variety of other projects. This includes data analysis, impact evaluations, strategy design, reporting, writing proposals and developing (data) tools.
We are looking for candidates with:
- A BSc or MSc degree in (tropical) agriculture, development economics, development studies, environmental sciences, econometrics or related fields
- 0-5 years working experience
- Proven experience with quantitative research methods and strong knowledge of statistics
- Experience with database management and modelling is an added value
- Proven experience in an international work environment (relevant internships count)
- Affinity and/or experience with rural development, agriculture or sustainability
- Written and spoken fluency in English and French (you are expected to give training in French-speaking countries). Spanish is an advantage.
- Pro-active and an able to work independently
- Fluency with MS Office suite, MS Excel in particular and preferably experience with Stata or other statistics software
What we offer
We offer a challenging position within a small but passionate team. The successful applicant will be offered a one-year contract with a possibility for renewal. Your primary working location will be our office in Ede, the Netherlands, but you are free to work from home 1 or 2 days a week.
How to apply
Please include your CV (max 2 pages) and a cover letter in English, explaining why you are suitable for this position.
The starting date of the position is negotiable, but ideally from the 11th of February 2019.
Please indicate when you would be available to start in your cover letter.
Note that we can only hire those with a valid work permit for the Netherlands.