Job vacancy Commercial Manager – Amsterdam
At GoodShipping, we accelerate the transition to fossil-free transport by empowering cargo owners to switch fuel and together change industry.
We believe that for a better world without climate change, energy consumption must ultimately become fossil-free. Shipping is responsible for 1 billion ton annual Green House Gas (GHG) emissions, comparable to aviation. If nothing changes, by 2050, CO2 emissions of the whole transport sector, be it on our oceans, roads, or in the air, will be 60% higher than today. The energy transition for a cleaner, greener supply chain is too slow. Active intervention is required, by giving cargo owners the autonomy to use truly sustainable alternatives for fossil-fuel, and united, altering the course of transport as we know it in the immediate term.
GoodShipping is currently looking for a new Commercial Manager with a passion for sales and business development, who feels strongly about our mission to accelerate the energy transition. His / her responsibility is to lead and expand the program, which focuses on empowering cargo owners to change fuel and together change industry.
This candidate is impact driven, but also has a strong business sense and an entrepreneurial mindset. The role requires a 360-approach, where you will be doing acquisition and meeting with clients and prospects, but you will also be responsible for overall sales strategy, development of the services, ensuring the true positive impact made by the program and relation management.
- B2B sales towards cargo owners all over the world. Typical customers range from Tony’s Chocolonely to IKEA, and sales cycles include cold calling, creating price quotations, conference calls or meetings with corporate supply chain or sustainability teams, providing relevant information to the DMU and after sales.
- Share GoodShipping’s sustainable story at events, towards media and through other public communication channels.
- Collaborate with our marketing and communications colleagues to make sure the message of GoodShipping is up to date and communicated in the right way through our website, social media, email newsletters, etc.
- Set up and manage relevant partnerships with for example freight forwarders and ports.
- At least five years of relevant experience in a commercial role, preferably within transport, logistics, renewable energy or sustainability (or all of the above!).
- Advanced communicative skills. You’re not afraid to be on stage, address senior management teams or pick up the phone to call a customer.
- The ability to sell more than just a carbon reduction service. With your charisma and personal impact drive, you are able to truly convince people of your story.
- Experience with working with a CRM-system, and with analyzing and reporting on CRM data.
- Excellent written, verbal and multimedia communications skills (Dutch and English).
- You have a positive mind-set, believe in a better world and want to create it rather today than tomorrow.
Interested? Please send your resume and motivation letter to email@example.com.