Job vacancy (Junior) Investment Advisor – Amsterdam – apply before July 21
FOUNT (fount.eu) is an impact advisory and investment firm, active in shaping innovative business solutions in impact sectors that combine demonstrable social and environmental impact with adequate financial return. FOUNT offers high quality strategic advisory services and hands-on support to its clients to enable these to generate measurable impact with business models that target the lower-income segment of the population. We are active in several sectors as financial inclusion, clean energy, clean water, low-income housing, sustainable agriculture and the sustainable apparel industry. We are currently (co) manager of three innovative debt impact investment initiatives which all have a blended finance structure, i.e. a mixture of investors with different risk appetites as well as financial and impact requirements : BIX Capital (cookstoves, water), Good Fashion Fund (sustainable fashion) and Agri3 Fund (sustainable agriculture and reforestation).
Role and Activities
To work for current and future (co) managed funds which all have a focus on sustainable investments in developing countries and emerging markets and contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals. Also, when applicable, to support the FOUNT-team on strategic advisory assignments (in the area of strategy development, business planning and modelling and operational excellence) by contributing to content and co-creation of presentations and reports.
The (Junior) Investment Advisor (“(J)IA”) is expected to support on sourcing investment opportunities, to co-ordinate and take responsibility of the investment process, to manage a portfolio of investees and to build and maintain relationships with relevant external local service providers (legal, impact, financial) as well as with potential co-investors and financiers.
The (J)IA will become part of a pool of Investment Advisors, supervised by a Senior Investment Advisor, with the aim to share experiences, networks and learnings from funds under management and advisory assignments.
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
- Source and develop investment opportunities that fit with the strategy of the funds through active relationship management with existing and new partners
- Co-ordinate and take responsibility of the investment process, from analysis (including preparation of financial models), negotiation, execution and portfolio management
- Preparation & maintenance of investment approval documents for the perusal of the funds’ Investment Committees
- Maintain periodic portfolio performance assessment and provide input for quarterly investor reports (including analysis and monitoring of E&S performance)
- Liaising with external parties such as due diligence partners, legal counsel, E&S advisors and auditors
- Support the FOUNT-team in relation to relevant advisory assignments
- Travel to focus countries in Asia and Africa; attendance of relevant seminars and gatherings
- Support management team in fund-related preparation & maintenance of materials for the sake of investment acquisition, fundraising or reports for the governance bodies of the fund
Background and Profile:
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in a commercial or development bank, impact finance institution, private equity or investment banking firm or potentially an investment advisory firm. Emerging markets experience highly preferred.
- Experience with investment analysis, establishing of investment proposals and creating financial models in an asset finance, M&A or PE context.
- Proven experience in executing investments in asset finance in international markets with direct client-facing interactions and liaison with legal and other service providers.
- Experience with sectors that are relevant to the impact investment sector (f.i. financial inclusion, agriculture, water & sanitation, energy, housing) is a pre.
- Academic degree, preferably a Masters in Finance, Business or Engineering.
- Flexibility, fluent in English, cross-cultural sensitivity, self-starting entrepreneurial work attitude and willingness to travel outside of Europe on a regular basis.
What’s in it for you:
Besides a competitive salary, we offer you an opportunity to (further) develop your career in impact investing in a role which is dynamic and hands-on and in a small and diversified team of professionals that allows you to take ownership and gain experience in several sectors and countries.
Availability: minimum 4 days per week
Start: September 2020, initially 1-year contract
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Please send your CV and motivation letter at the latest July 21st 2020 to
Senior Investment Advisor
Tel : +31 6 25 54 58 68