Job vacancy Management Assistant – Utrecht
The Access to Nutrition Initiative (ATNI) is a Dutch not-for-profit organization based in Utrecht, The Netherlands, that evaluates the world’s largest food and beverage manufacturers’ policies and performance related to the world’s most pressing nutrition challenges: obesity and undernutrition. ATNI provides companies with a tool to benchmark performance on nutrition against others in their sector and provides stakeholders with impartial objective, consistent, indepth information on companies’ contributions to improving nutrition.
The aim of ATNI is to encourage companies both to increase the number of healthier products and access to them, and also to responsibly exercise their influence on consumers’ choice and behavior. Results are published in bi-annual Global and single country Indexes that are used both by the rated companies and other stakeholders, such as NGOs, policymakers and investors. ATNI works closely with several of these organizations including Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN), the Global Nutrition Report, UNICEF, the World Health Organization (WHO) and over 60 global investment companies. ATNI is funded by large philanthropic foundations and government agencies.
The Management Assistant will be part of a dynamic international organization, founded in 2013, with a small (13 FTE) but growing team based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. You will report directly to the Executive Director and support the Program and Research teams and ATNI Board.
The successful candidate needs to be comfortable working in a high-pace environment with frequently changing/evolving tasks and goals. Outstanding attention to detail and excellent communication skills are as critical as building effective relationships with other team members.
Detailed Job Description, Tasks & Responsibilities
Calendar Management –
Proactive calendar management, handling a busy schedule for the Executive Director, including a lot of international travel.
Executive Support to Executive Director, Board and team –
• Personal Assistant to the Executive Director and support of the management team
• Develop presentation materials for key meetings (MS PowerPoint).
• Write detailed notes and other records for key meetings.
• Build spreadsheets and workbooks (MS Excel) where required.
• Ensure that telephone messages, emails and written correspondence are reviewed daily and that urgent requests are prioritized and dealt with appropriately.
• Prepare the expense reports of the Executive Director; collate and file expenses, invoices and credit card statements and receipts.
Travel Management –
• Schedule, book and arrange travel for the team within budget guidelines.
• Assist in monitoring and tracking expenditure on travel, ensuring that travel requests and spending are in line with budgeted forecasts as shared with the finance administrator.
• Ensure that travel details are accurately recorded in the team calendars
Administrative/Logistical Support –
• Arrange, test and configure all audiovisual (AV) and technical equipment needed for key meetings before the meeting starts; ensure that the meeting rooms are ready for meetings so they start on time with minimum disruption.
Office management/HR support –
• Order office supplies, reservation of meeting rooms, incoming/outgoing mail etc.
• Act as a first point of contact for ATNI
• Communicate with external parties, i.e. landlord, funders, suppliers, etc. Maintenance and updating of team’s document system
• Manage office and HR policies (e.g. Code of Conduct & Ethics policy, Procurement guide, Conflict of Interest policy), procedures and contracts
• Prepare staff contracts, keep track of staff holiday planning, sick leave (using online system)
Knowledge / Skill requirements
Authorized to work for any employer in the Netherlands.
Relevant education and experience in an international professional environment are essential
Demonstrable experience supporting executives in a fast-paced environment
Excellent command of all MS Office softwares and systems
Positive attitude, great problem-solving skills and ability to get on well with many types of people
Self-starter with a proven ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
Good communication skills and an ability to be discrete
• Perfect command of written and spoken English
• Dutch is desirable but not a pre-requisite
• Closing date for applications: Please submit your application as soon as possible (before December 31st).
• How to apply: Send a cover letter and a max. 2-page CV to Sofie van den Berg, firstname.lastname@example.org
• First interviews will be conducted over Skype. Second interviews for shortlisted candidates will be conducted in person.