Jobs in finance: vacancy Senior Compliance Officer at Triodos Bank in Zeist
(32-40 hours a week)
Are you a professional with an unlimited dedication to compliance?
Triodos Bank is developing vigorously, and so is its department of Compliance. It is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Compliance Officer who can translate the Triodos mission into its compliance activities. We are seeking an officer with intimate knowledge of the international legislation and regulations in the area of compliance and who has a good eye for the influence of behaviour and culture on compliance risks. If you are keen to have a positive impact on the organisation, and appreciate a horizontal culture, strong discussion partners and a job in which your opinion matters, then this is your chance. You will work in a small and passionate team that interacts easily with senior management, and will also have many international contacts with business peers and colleagues from Compliance and other departments of the organisation. It is not only your feeling for the business, a sensitivity to risks and eye for detail that combine to make you the perfect fit for this challenging position, but social innovation and sustainability are second nature to you as well. As such, you are eager to help improve the world by supporting sustainable finance, the business in which Triodos Bank is leading the market for many years.
- You support the Director of Compliance in the further development and reinforcement of our compliance framework.
- Where necessary, you will replace the Director of Compliance in internal and external consultations in his absence.
- You are the go-to person, sparring partner and coordinator for Compliance Officers in the head office team and for the local Compliance Officers.
- Together with the Legal department, you map out the relevant legislation and regulations in detail and keep our compliance database up to date.
- You are an important contributor in the development, implementation and monitoring of our international compliance policy.
- You ensure the drafting of clear reports and well-substantiated recommendations.
- You share your knowledge and stimulate compliance and risk awareness within the organisation.
- You are at the forefront, are inquisitive, and are sure to stay abreast of the rapid developments inside and outside the organisation, which you incorporate into your activities.
- You maintain close contact with the internal stakeholders, whom you support with your expertise.
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets something into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1400 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for almost 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, ecological and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by savers and investors who wish to contribute to an honest, sustainable and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. We furthermore make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: at Triodos Bank we are very aware of this. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society, and this obviously starts with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
Our head office is in Zeist and is a modern and green work place. If you travel in a sustainable manner and commute to office using public transport, then we will fully remunerate your commuter expenses. This is one way of contributing to a healthier environment, together.
Applicants must have or obtain a valid work permit for the European Union and live in the Netherlands.
You want to have an impact
Impact on society is the number one priority, both for us as a bank and for you as Senior Compliance Officer. The fact that Triodos moreover offers attractive and just employment conditions is a bonus. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to who you are and what you can do
- an attractive pension policy
- 100% remuneration of commuting expenses when using public transport
- a company bicycle scheme
- 29 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days
- a range of education and training opportunities
- the option to join our collective health insurance
This is you
You are organised and are keenly sensitive to quality. Not only do you possess brainpower, enthusiasm and creativity, but you are able to realise your ideas purposefully and dynamically. You can explain difficult topics in a clear manner, taking full account of the different branches’ interests. And although your workstation is in Zeist, you enjoy making regular visits to one of our branches in Spain, Belgium or Germany or our subsidiary in the United Kingdom. Furthermore:
- You are committed to the bank’s core values, mission and vision and are capable of expressing these in your profession as a compliance officer.
- You have a Master’s degree, preferably in law, economy or business administration (but other disciplines in combination with relevant experience are certainly acceptable).
- You have senior experience (at least 8 years) in the world of banking, insurance, supervision of the financial sector or compliance consultancy.
- You have an understanding of how to work with risk and compliance tooling, and a talent to clearly convert complex regulations and data into daily practice.
- You have a good eye for both the result to be achieved and the process by which to achieve it, and the talent to get people on board.
- Your social awareness, combined with steadfastness, enables you to smoothly and effectively deal with conflicting interests.
- You have a relevant external network of colleagues at other financial institutions, sustainable organisations, supervisory bodies and consultancies.
- You have an excellent knowledge of Dutch and English, both oral and written.
It is considered an asset to have some command of Spanish as well.
Are you interested?
For more information about the specific details of this position, please contact Olivier Sueur, director of Compliance a.i., via Olivier.Sueur@Triodos.com
Want to join our team? Please send in your application (in English) via the apply button before June 16th to the attention of Madelinde Strietman, HR Advisor.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.