Médecins Sans Frontières Jobs – HR Advisor 100%- based in Amsterdam
In this role you are part of the HR Office team with two colleagues.
- Supports and gives advice to Heads of department and Unit Coordinators on various people management issues in actual cases. Think of frequent or long-term sickness absence, disciplinary/capability/grievance issues, and performance/development of staff. This duty includes safeguarding the steps in the framework of return-to-work legislation (‘Wet Verbetering Poortwachter’.
- Supports and gives advice to Heads of department and Unit Coordinators on workforce management. This duty includes safeguarding a sound contract administration and planning/monitoring HR budgets (FTE), and issues concerning employee mobility
- Supports and gives advice to Heads of department and Unit Coordinators on various organizational HR issues. This duty includes drafting job descriptions, performing job ratings, and giving advice on reorganisation trajectories
- Supports senior management in the recruitment process of Directors, Operational Managers and Heads of department
- Shows proactive initiatives for the improvement of HR policies and procedures
- Depending on scope of projects, will take part or deliver input on HR issues in projects
We are looking for an experienced HR professional who has successfully completed professional education at least on a bachelor’s level in a relevant field of HR together with a solid foundation of Dutch employment law. In addition, our ideal candidate is someone with experience in the different areas of HR in various organisations. You have excellent language skills and are fluent in written and spoken English. You have a passion for digital innovations in HR and are looking continuously develop yourself and the organisation. Your communication skills are outstanding and you are able to cope with a dynamic and at times stressful environment. Last but not least, we are looking for someone that doesn’t take themselves too serious, can share a joke and is looking for a team to support. If you recognize yourself in this description, we would love to hear from you!
- A stimulating, professional environment in an international organisation
- A fixed-term contract for 1 year on a fulltime appointment
- A gross monthly salary between € 2,737 and € 3,909 depending on professional experience (based on 40 hours/week)
- 30 holidays per annum (based on 40 hours/week)
- Premium-free pension
- Start date 15 February 2019
We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.