Vacature Sustainability Software Developer at Blonk Consultants in Gouda
Do you want to support companies, governments and NGOs to make our food system more sustainable? Our ambitious team is looking for a software developer who will help us in meeting the increasing demand for smart tools for environmental assessments. Your future working environment will be in the dynamic world of sustainability and food- and agricultural production. Important values in our team are personal growth, flexibility and social engagement.
Who are we?
At Blonk Consultants we offer our international clients insight in their sustainability issues. With sound and accurate research, advice and software tools we provide them with solutions and answers. We are convinced that this is necessary to help organisations to make balanced and well thought out decisions. We believe transparency and accurate information provide the essential basis for making the agri-food sector more sustainable and society healthier.
What you’ll do
As a software developer, you will work on various projects for international clients with a focus on sustainable food and agricultural production. Together with other members of the software team, you will develop smart and beautiful tools, which will be used for (sustainability) analyses of agri-food products.
• Translate scientific models into user-friendly applications using Domain Driven Design principles
• Work with the latest CI/CD technologies such as AWS, Docker and Gitlab CI
• Actively participate in shaping requirements, architecture and methodological standards for our platform
• Work closely with sustainability experts and clients using an Agile approach
• Combine complicated backend models with elegant and user-friendly user interfaces
• Your skills help us translate models and requirements into extensible and well-organized code using Domain Driven principles
• You have experience with object-oriented software and web development
• You possess a great sense of responsibility and a quality-oriented approach
• Versioning, continuous integration and deployment are no strangers to you
• You have an affinity with scientific models
• You’re interested in sustainability issues
Technologies we work with:
• Python; The object-oriented approach, that is! It is very easy to master if you have experience with other OO-languages like C# or Java
• Django; Our main web application framework
• React; For the fancy front-end applications
• AWS; Scalable, low-maintenance, high reliability and awesome
• Gitlab; Integrated online versioning, project management and CI/CD platform
• Docker; Yes, this is your chance to finally work with Docker! We know you want to!
What’s in it for you?
You mean apart from working on meaningful software for a better future with dedicated people?
• Contribute to a more sustainable society
• Lots of room for own initiative and personal development
• Direct interaction with clients and users
• Varying project teams in a stimulating working environment
• Contract for 32-40 hours
• Joint lunches
• Full reimbursement of commuting costs with public transport
Are you already itching to get started? Send your resume and a short motivation (in Dutch or English) before the 1st of January 2019 via email to:
Attn. Bart Durlinger
More information? Questions?
Do you have questions about this job? Get in touch with Bart Durlinger, via +31 (0)182-579970.
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.