Vacature Junior Sustainability Software Developer bij Blonk Consultants standplaats Gouda
Do you want to support companies, governments and NGOs to make our food system more sustainable? Our ambitious team is looking for a software developer who will help us in meeting the increasing demand for smart tools for environmental assessments. Your future working environment will be in the dynamic world of sustainability and food- and agricultural production. Important values in our team are personal growth, flexibility and social engagement.
Who are we?
At Blonk Consultants we offer our international clients insight in their sustainability issues. With sound and accurate research, advice and software tools we provide them with solutions and answers. We are convinced that this is necessary to help organisations to make balanced and well thought out decisions. We believe transparency and accurate information provide the essential basis for making the agri-food sector more sustainable and society healthier.
What you’ll do
As a junior software developer, you will work on various projects for international clients with a focus on sustainable food and agricultural production. Together with other members of the software team, you will develop smart and beautiful tools, which will be used for (sustainability) analyses of agri-food products.
• Use your passion for programming and sustainability to develop web-based apps
• Translate scientific models into user-friendly applications using Python
• Turn public and private data sources and statistics into sustainability insight
• Separate feelings from facts with our scientific, data-driven approach to sustainability
We are looking for someone with:
• a university degree (or thinking level);
• affinity with development of (web) applications
• an interest in sustainability;
• a self-starting and pragmatic attitude;
• a great sense of responsibility and a quality-oriented approach;
• communication skills in English (preferably also Dutch).
We work on a diverse set of projects and tools, that require many different skills. Accordingly, bonus points can be earned if you have experience in one or more of the following topics:
• Version control (we use Gitlab) and a code editor (we use PyCharm);
• Experience with Python or an object-oriented language like C# or Java;
• Front-end frameworks and libraries (e.g. React);
• Data-driven visualizations (such as d3.js and chart.js);
• Amazon Web Services;
• Life Cycle Assessments (LCA).
What’s in it for you?
You mean apart from working on meaningful software for a better future with dedicated people?
• Contribute to a more sustainable society
• Lots of room for own initiative and personal development
• Improve your software development skills by working with the latest technology in an experienced team
• Direct interaction with clients and users
• Varying project teams in a stimulating working environment
• Contract for 32-40 hours
• Joint lunches
• Full reimbursement of commuting costs with public transport
Are you already itching to get started? Send your resume and a short motivation (in Dutch or English) before the 1st of January 2019 via email to:
Attn. Bart Durlinger
More information? Questions?
Do you have questions about this job? Get in touch with Bart Durlinger, via +31 (0)182-579970.
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.