Key Account Manager Retail
- Full Time
Too Good To Go is the world’s number 1 app for fighting food waste. Why do we need to do that? Because 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste!
Our app has more than 32 million users across Europe, but we’re more than an app. Our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to take action against food waste, so we’re doing all we can to create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste. We’re growing fast with 15 active countries currently and more to come and we are a certified B Corporation. But here’s what really matters: through our app, we’ve saved more than 60 million meals from the bin – and it’s only the beginning!
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but did we mention the issue is huge? We are looking for a Key Account Manager to help us tackle this issue even faster and accelerate our growth!
We are looking for an experienced, dedicated and self-driven Key Account Manager with a passion for tackling food waste in a commercial way. Reporting directly to the Head of Sales, you will be pivotal in driving acquisition and development of partnerships with supermarkets. You will use your key account experience to continue raising the bar with our key accounts in the Netherlands by managing your own portfolio. You will be part of the Global Sales team where best practices and learnings will be shared across borders with our tribe of 750 waste warriors around the globe.
- Account management for key chains and partners from lead generation to roll out; autonomy in managing these Key Accounts and ensuring the relationship is strong and business KPIs are met.
- Onboarding and training new stores in an efficient and scalable way, working with store-level contacts and senior stakeholders.
- Identifying new and innovative opportunities to improve existing accounts to help them save more meals. Inputting into the Dutch strategy and assisting with international cooperation across global key chain opportunities.
- Finding new business and opportunities, as well as mapping an account’s organizational hierarchy to create an account stakeholder matrix.
- Pitching, creating and delivering high quality and professional presentations to potential new partners, and confidently speaking about the business and food waste proposition.
- Winning new businesses and growing existing accounts to achieve business targets set. Proving the business case with pilots and working with the client to define success metrics with the objective of rolling out.
- Researching the market and identifying potential target stores especially within larger chains.
- Taking a proactive approach to partner excellence and account management to ensure the highest quality service delivery.
- Arranging meetings with chain HQ and individual stores and carrying out product demonstrations.
- Using our systems to effectively manage your leads and upload sign-ups quickly and easily onto our app.
- Working to weekly and monthly sales targets and KPIs.
- Undertaking ad-hoc tasks to improve the Too Good To Go service offering and other ad hoc tasks connected to the Key Account activities.
- You have strong experience working in sales and account management (at least 5 years) and a proven track record of acquiring new key accounts in the food sector. A background in FMCG is a strong plus.
- You are business and performance driven with previous experience in a Key Account Manager role.
- You’re a negotiator by nature but with an eye for relationship building and have the ability to lead negotiations and create and deliver high impact pitches with excellent commercial acumen.
- You have the ability to work cross-functionally to develop strategies to win key accounts.
- You are a fast learner and can handle working on multiple tasks as you enjoy high performance and fast changing environments. You possess a high degree of self-motivation, proactiveness, forward thinking and assertiveness in order to manage expectations from leads as well as driving internal collaboration.
- You have experience with project management and are able to create implementation plans for large roll-outs across complex organizations.
- You are experienced in using a CRM/Sales tool.
- You speak Dutch fluently and are a top of the class English speaker. You have the ability to speak to stakeholders at varying levels in an organization, tailoring your key message and being able to listen to the needs of their business.
- You are a make-it-happen person who doesn’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves – but you also think about the long-term business implications and requirements.
- You have a true passion for sustainability – you understand the urgency of action for the planet.
- You have a proven network within the Food & Beverages Industry and/or Food Retail.
What we have to offer:
- A unique opportunity to work in a social impact organization (and certified B Corporation) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 750+ enthusiastic and highly talented waste warriors across 15 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support.
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your potential and contribute to our local Key Account Strategy.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- A competitive salary package.
We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
How to apply?
Do you want to be part of something huge and do you recognize yourself in the above description? We look forward to hearing from you. Deadline for application is April 21st. A video screening and case assessment will be part of our recruitment process.
We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above including our requirements. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go. We only accept applications coming through our platform: no resume or cover letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.
Too Good To Go is an equal opportunity employer.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.