Business Developer Climate Solutions
- Full Time
FairClimateFund is a social enterprise that focuses on developing international climate projects, founded in 2009 under the ICCO Foundation. Since the merger between ICCO and Cordaid on 1 January 2021, we are part of the Cordaid Foundation.
FairClimateFund’s mission is a fair climate: a world in which those who contribute the most to climate change invest in climate projects that benefit people most vulnerable to the effects of climate change. We finance and implement climate projects together with our partners. We work according to Fairtrade principles and pay people in developing countries a fair and ethically good price for the carbon credits they generate with climate projects. We focus on sustainable household energy projects such as clean cookstoves and biogas and nature based solutions such as reforestation projects. These climate projects reduce CO₂ emissions and deforestation and improve the living conditions of people in developing countries. FairClimateFund has a unique position in the market as a provider of Gold Standard and Fairtrade certified carbon credits and wants to expand this further in the coming years. The team consists of 7 people. For more information see http://www.fairclimatefund.nl.
As a Business Developer Climate Solutions you are responsible for marketing the business proposition of FairClimateFund, from a “net zero” climate strategy to Fairtrade CO2 compensation. Your focus is on Dutch and European companies that take relevant steps towards their own CO2 emission reduction in the light of the Paris climate objectives for 2050. You position FairClimateFund
As a Business Developer Climate Solutions you are responsible for marketing the business proposition of FairClimateFund, from a “net zero” climate strategy to Fairtrade CO2 compensation. Your focus is on Dutch and European companies that take relevant steps towards their own CO2 emission reduction in the light of the Paris climate objectives for 2050. You position FairClimateFund towards new and existing customers, develop a climate strategy with them and link it to our climate projects. You turn our customers into ambassadors who help us realize our ambitions in the field of social and environmental impact. You report to the fund manager of FairClimateFund and fall under the personal responsibility of the director.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Building your own customer portfolio through acquisitions.
- Maintain contact with existing customers and business partners to generate new sales.
- Establishing partnerships to enter new markets effectively and efficiently.
- Representing FairClimateFund during business meetings and in business networks and providing presentations for (potential) customers.
- Support of the online marketing department with sales via online channels and contributions to content for the website and other online communication channels.
- Advising our team on signals and sentiments within the business market regarding climate strategy.
- The (co-) development of new business propositions and concepts for FairClimateFund.
- Involving larger customers in the development of dedicated offset projects.
- An ambitious person with a commercial attitude and a relevant CSR network.
- You have completed education at HBO / WO / MBA level with a business economics or commercial background, eg business economics or marketing, with at least 4 years of relevant work experience in a similar position in a commercial environment.
- Intrinsic motivation to work on climate and development themes.
- Socially skilled and customer oriented.
- Thinking in terms of opportunities and possibilities: can-do mentality. Strong negotiating techniques and convincing presentation.
- Operate independently within a team of professionall
- You have experience with:
- (Inter)national sales and business development.
- Building a network and develop partnerships.
- E-commerce (especially webshop, e-mail marketing and digital advertising based on search, display shopping and retargeting)
- ERP and CRM systems.
- You have knowledge of:
- Climate strategies (based on Science Based Targets and Net Zero).
- International climate policy and carbon markets.
- Carbon footprinting and LCAs is an advantage.
- Dutch and English language. French or Spanish is an advantage.
- A versatile and challenging position for a period of at least 1 year with a chance of extension and growth. An interesting position at a dynamic company where a lot of development work can still take place.
- International working environment where you think strategically with Dutch and European parties and link climate strategy to our climate projects in developing countries.
- A dynamic and developing working environment within a social company that is already well positioned and has many opportunities for further development.
- Possibilities for working partially from home.
- Informal hands-on corporate culture.
The position is classified in scale 10 (minimum € 2.520 and maximum € 4.265) based on 36 hours, depending on education and relevant work experience. In addition to the holiday allowance of 8%, there is an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
For more information about the position, please call our director Neera van der Geest (+31 (0)6 506 573 58), or fund manager Gert Crielaard (+31 (0)6 413 584 81) or mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can send your written application with CV by e-mail to email@example.com until April 23, 2021 stating “Application Business Developer + your name”. Interviews will take place on April 30 and May 3.